A two-part water-borne Epoxy finish for concrete floors where optimum resistance to aggressive environments is required.
The H2Opoxy range of coatings is ideally suited for application in occupationally sensitive areas because of its low odour and low VOC levels.
Typically used for concrete floors where high wear is expected or resistance to an aggressive environment is required. Ideally suited to heavy traffic environments where motor vehicles and forklifts are operating.
- Available in a range of attractive colours.
- Can be applied to a wide range of common building materials.
- Resists solvent, petrol, oil, and general stains.
- Occupationally safe and environmentally friendly.
- Easily recoatable.
- Hard Wearing: H2Opoxy is a tough, abrasion resistant finish giving long-life protection and wear resistance to concrete floors in aggressive environments.
- Low Odour: H2Opoxy is a water-borne system for low odour and ease of application.<!--[endif]-->
- Water Based: Solvent free and ideal for application in confined or occupationally sensitive areas. Wash-up and clean equipment with water.
The concrete surface should be sound and free of dirt, dust, rust, oil, grease, curing compounds and bond breaking agents.
H2Opoxy will adhere well to most pre-coated concrete surfaces, with minimal preparation; i.e. A light sanding. However, adhesion should always be tested on a small area, prior to commencing application.
Caution: If a previous coating is flaking or peeling, this must be removed completely before application of H2Opoxy
H2Opoxy should be mixed at a ratio of 2 Parts by Volume ‘A’ to 1 Parts by Volume ‘B’.
Recoat Time: @ 25deg C and 80% Humidity 3 to 8 hours – or as soon as floor can be walked on without marking
- Hard dry: 6 - 12 Hours
- Foot traffic: 12 Hours
- Full cure: 3 – 7 days
- Vehicle traffic: 72 Hours
H2Opoxy can be applied by either lamb’s wool Roller or Airless Spray using a 15 – 17 um nozzle tip. Adequate safety precautions need to be adhered to when spraying. It is important in lower temperature climates to ensure that adequate airflow is present across the surface of the floor for at least 2 hours after application of H2O Epoxy. This will help with curing and prevent a layer of water vapour forming on the surface during that time, which can result in a variation in sheen and poor cleanability.
Caution: Ambient and concrete surface temperature must be above 4 Deg. C. during application and curing of
(When mixed in recommended proportions)
Property Typical Values
- Appearance Coloured Liquid
- Specific Gravity 1.20 – 1.24
- Solids by Weight 62 % + /- 3%
- UV Resistance Typical of Epoxy finishes. Exterior use in semi-sheltered areas should be restricted to pastel shades to avoid excessive chalking
- Flammability Water based: Non-flammable
- Service Temperature 5 Deg. C to 35 Deg.C.
- Pot Life (mixed) Approximately 90 minutes at 25 Deg.C.
- Shelf Life 12 months in original unopened container
- SPREAD RATE (for standard pack size – 10 Kg Part ‘A’ & 5 Kg Part ‘B’)
- First Coat Approx. 120 – 150 Square metres (8 – 10 m2/kg) Depending on concrete surface and density.
- Second Coat Approx. 150 – 180 Square metres (10 – 12 m2/kg)
- Note: Porous concrete may require additional coats.
Provide adequate ventilation during application. H2Opoxy is non-toxic and non-hazardous. However prolonged skin contact may cause irritation to some individuals. Wash soiled clothing and skin with soap and water before materials dries.
Uncured finish or separate components may irritate eyes. In case of contact, flush eyes with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. For more information on health and safety, please consult our Material Safety Data Sheet.
Projects Completed with H20poxy
Brisbane Airport carpark with H20Poxy
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre with H20Poxy
QPAC Carpark - application of 2 x roll coats of H20poxy and 1 top coat of H20PU